Friday, April 30, 2010

Langley Politics Dotcom on a Wine Tasting Site

Yes, it's true!  And I'm not talking about the other type of whining mostly related to politics.   This post is a little different, but consider it a little weekend treat.

A couple of weeks back, I was invited to come onto a video podcast that a friend of mine does.  Mike Nierychlo is a young, up-and-coming wine taster who is starting to build a name for himself.  His blog, www.mnonline.ca should now be your go-to place to find out all things wine.  He has education videos on how to taste like the pros, what to look for when buying wines and taste reviews from all sorts of wineries.  He even recently did a road trip up to the Okanagan to visit some wineries in person and did his tastings on-site.

Mike is also a burgeoning craft wine maker, himself.  He gave me a bottle of a wine he and his brother-in-law made, and it was outstanding.  I'm hoping he'll give me some more!

Now, I like wines.  But, that's not the reason I was invited on the show.  I mentioned on my Facebook page one day that I liked Lucky Lager.  Mike then asked if I would come onto his show to talk about Cheap Beers.  I also got to talk about this blog.  Well, I'll leave it at that and let you take a look.




Mike Nierychlo Online -- www.mnonline.ca

Sam's Cheap Beer on a Hot Day Episode -- http://mnonline.ca/2010/04/18/046-cheap-beer-for-a-hot-day-with-sam-kirk/